INSTRUCTION FOR ONLINE BID SUBMISSION
The bidders are required to submit soft copies of their bids electronically on the Central Public Procurement (CPP) Portal i.e. http://etendrs.gov.in/eprocure/app, using valid Digital Signature Certificates. The instructions given below are meant to assist the bidders in registering on the CPP Portal, prepare their bids in accordance with the requirements and submitting their bids online on the CPP Portal.
- Bidders are required to enroll on the e-Procurement module of the Central Public Procurement Portal (URL: http://etendrs.gov.in/eprocure/app ), by clicking on the link “Online Bidder Enrolment” option available on the home page. Enrolment on the CPP Portal is free of charge.
- During enrolment/ registration, the bidders should provide the correct / true information including valid email-id & mobile no. All the correspondence shall be made directly with the contractors / bidders through email-id provided.
- As part of the enrolment process, the bidders will be required to choose a unique username and assign a password for their accounts.
- For e-tendering, possession of valid Digital Signature Certificate (Class III Certificates with signing key usage) is mandatory which can be obtained from SIFY /nCode/eMudra or any Certifying Authority recognized by CCA India on eToken/ SmartCard.
- Upon enrolment on CPP Portal for e-tendering, the bidders shall register their valid Digital Signature Certificate with their profile.
- Only one valid DSC should be registered by a bidder. Bidders are responsible to ensure that they do not lend their DSCs to others which may lead to misuse and should ensure safety of the same.
- Bidders can then log into the site through the secured login by entering their user ID/ password and the password of the DSC/ eToken.
SEARCHING FOR TENDER DOCUMENTS
- There are various search options built in the CPP Portal to facilitate bidders to search active tenders by several parameters. These parameters could include Tender ID, organization name, location, date, value, etc. There is also an option of advanced search for tenders, wherein the bidders may combine a number of search parameters such as organization name, form of contract, location, date, other keywords, etc., to search for a tender published on the CPP Portal.
- Once the bidders have selected the tenders they are interested in, they may download the required documents / tender schedules. These tenders can be moved to the respective ‘My Tenders’ folder. This would enable the CPP Portal to intimate the bidders through SMS / e-mail in case there is any corrigendum issued to the tender document.
- The bidder should make a note of the unique Tender ID assigned to each tender, in case they want to obtain any clarification / help from the Helpdesk.
PREPARATION OF BIDS:
- For preparation of bid, Bidders shall search the tender from published tender list available on site and download the complete tender document and should take into account corrigendum if any published before submitting their bids.
After selecting the tender document same shall be moved to the ‘My favourite’ folder of bidders account from where bidder can view all the details of the tender document.
- Bidder shall go through the tender document carefully to understand the documents required to be submitted as part of the bid. Bidders shall note the number of covers in which the bid documents have to be submitted, the number of documents – including the names and content of each of the document that need to be submitted. Any deviations from these may lead to rejection of the bid.
- Any pre-bid clarifications if required, then same may be obtained online through the tender site, or through the contact details given in the tender document.
- Bidders should get ready in advance the bid documents in the required format (PDF/xls/rar/dwf/jpg formats) to be submitted as indicated in the tender document/schedule. Bid documents may be scanned with 100 dpi with black and white option which helps in reducing size of the scanned document.
- Bidders can update well in advance, the documents such as experience certificates, annual report, PAN, EPF & other details etc., under “My Space/ Other Important Document” option, which can be submitted as per tender requirements. This will facilitate the bid submission process faster by reducing upload time of bids.
SUBMISSION OF BIDS:
- Bidder should log into the site well in advance for bid submission so that he/ she upload the bid in time i.e. on or before the bid submission time. Bidder will be responsible for any delay.
- Bidder should prepare the EMD as per the instructions specified in the NIT/ tender document. The details of the DD/BG/others physically sent, should tally with the details available in the scanned copy and the data entered during bid submission time. Otherwise the uploaded bid will be rejected.
- While submitting the bids online, the bidder shall read the terms & conditions (of CPP portal) and accepts the same in order to proceed further to submit their bid.
- Bidders shall select the payment option as offline to pay the EMD and enter details of the DD/BG/others.
- Bidder shall digitally sign and upload the required bid documents one by one as indicated in the tender document.
- Bidders shall note that the very act of using DSC for downloading the tender document and uploading their offers is deemed to be a confirmation that they have read all sections and pages of the tender document without any exception and have understood the complete tender document and are clear about the requirements of the tender document.
- Bid documents may be scanned with 100 dpi with black and white option which helps in reducing size of the scanned document. For the file size of less than 1 MB, the transaction uploading time will be very fast.
- If price quotes are required in XLS format, utmost care shall be taken for uploading Schedule of quantities & Prices and any change/ modification of the price schedule shall render it unfit for bidding.
Bidders shall download the Schedule of Quantities & Prices i.e. Schedule of Rates, in XLS format and save it without changing the name of the file. Bidder shall quote their rate in figures in the appropriate cells, thereafter save and upload the file in financial bid cover (Price bid) only.
If the template of Schedule of Quantities & Prices file is found to be modified/corrupted in the eventuality by the bidder, the bid will be rejected and further dealt as per provision of clause no 17.0 of ITB including forfeiture of EMD.
The bidders are cautioned that uploading of financial bid elsewhere i.e. other than in cover 2 will result in rejection of the tender.
- Bidders shall submit their bids through online e-tendering system to the Tender Inviting Authority (TIA) well before the bid submission end date & time (as per Server System Clock).The TIA will not be held responsible for any sort of delay or the difficulties faced during the submission of bids online by the bidders at the eleventh hour.
- After the bid submission (i.e. after Clicking “Freeze Bid Submission” in the portal), the bidders shall take print out of system generated acknowledgement number and keep it as a record of evidence for online submission of bid, which will also act as an entry pass to participate in the bid opening.
- Bidders should follow the server time being displayed on bidder’s dashboard at the top of the tender site, which shall be considered valid for all actions of requesting, bid submission, bid opening etc., in the e-tender system.
- All the documents being submitted by the bidders would be encrypted using PKI (Public Key Infrastructure) encryption techniques to ensure the secrecy of the data. The data entered cannot be viewed by unauthorized persons until the time of bid opening. The confidentiality of the bids is maintained using the secured Socket Layer 128 bit encryption technology.
ASSISTANCE TO BIDDERS:
- Any queries relating to the tender document and the terms and conditions contained therein should be addressed to the Tender Inviting Authority for a tender or the relevant contract person indicated in the tender.
- Any queries relating to the process of online bid submission or queries relating to CPP Portal in general may be directed to the 24X7 CPP Portal Helpdesk. The 24 x 7 Help Desk Number 0120-4001002, 0120-6277787 and 0120-4001005. The helpdesk email id is firstname.lastname@example.org